Irish Offensive Depth ChartJunior wide receiver Michael Floyd is a game day decision. Slot receiver Theo Riddick (ankle) and tight end Kyle Rudolph (hamstring surgery) are out.
- Junior Michael Floyd
- Senior Duval Kamara
- Junior John Goodman
- Freshman Bennett Jackson
Note: Goodman has started in three consecutive games (Stanford, BC, Pitt) after rarely appearing in the first three contests.
"Z" Receiver (slot):
- Freshman Tai-ler Jones
- Sophomore Robby Toma
Note: Toma caught his first pass of the season last week; Jones started the first three contests and last week vs. Western Michigan in the X Receiver role.
- Sophomore Zack Martin
- Senior Andrew Nuss
- Junior Braxston Cave
- Junior Mike Golic or Chris Watt
- Junior Trevor Robinson
- Junior Mike Golic
- Senior Matt Romine or Senior Taylor Dever
Note: Expect both to play regularly; IE's hunch is that Romine will draw his third consecutive start, though first on the right side as classmate Dever re-acclimates after missing two contests with a hamstring injury.
Defensive Depth Chart
"CAT" Outside Linebacker:
"DOG" Outside Linebacker:
- Sophomore Manti Te'o
- Sophomore Dan Fox
- Sophomore Carlo Calabrese
- Junior Anthony McDonald or Sophomore Dan Fox
Note: Fox played ahead of McDonald in this role last week vs. Western Michigan.
Free Safety (Field):
- Sophomore Zeke Motta
- Junior Jamoris Slaughter
Note: Slaughter is not yet fully recovered from an ankle injury suffered in Week One vs. Purdue. Walk-on junior Chris Salvi could also see time.
Strong Safety (Boundary):
- Placekicker: Senior David Ruffer
- Kick-offs: Senior David Ruffer
- Punter: Sophomore Ben Turk
- Punt Return: Junior John Goodman
- Kick Return: Freshman Bennett Jackson, freshman Austin Collinsworth or junior Jonas Gray
- Long Snapper: Sophomore Jordan Cowart
- Short Snapper: Senior Bill Flavin
- Holder: Junior Ryan Kavanagh