Armsteads Delay Decision

Arik Armstead

The Armstead brothers hoped to decide between Auburn an Notre Dame today, but that fell through as their timetables were delayed by what was going to be a rushed decision.

Rather than rush a decision, Arik and Armond Armstead will wait a few weeks before deciding on a school.

The goal remains to play together, and Auburn and Notre Dame present the best opportunity, but the brothers from California will wait at least until signing day before making a decision, according to Scout.com's Whitney Blaine.

The delay will allow the brothers to sort things and spend more time speaking with family before announcing a decision.

Arik, a five-star offensive tackle from Elk Grove High (Pleasant Grove, Calif.), was trying to decide and enroll early.

Armond, who played at USC but is transferring for his final year of eligibility, visited Notre Dame over the weekend.

According to Blaine's report earlier today, "they are still waiting on some information from Notre Dame doctors as well as the result from the SEC waiver that was filed" on Armond's behalf. Armond would be allowed to play next season.

IrishEyes.com Recommended Stories