Notre Dame has five linebackers pledged among its 21-player class to date. The group's versatility…
A look at how Notre Dame's committed members of the 2013 and 2014 classes fared over the weekend:
- Archbishop Alter (Kettering, Ohio) quarterback Malik Zaire threw for a pair of touchdowns in a 44-6 win against Roger Bacon.
- Everett (Mass.) High offensive lineman John Montelus was a key member of the offense in a 33-14 win against Springfield Central.
- Wyomissing (Pa.) Area linebacker Alex Anzalone made eight tackles and forced two fumbles and ran for 50 yards and two touchdowns in a 34-7 win against Muhlenberg.
- Cretin-Derham Hall (St. Paul, Minn.) receiver James Onwualu had 213 yards of offense, including 174 rushing yards, and scored twice in a 27-13 win against Stillwater.
- San Antonio (Texas) Christian receiver Corey Robinson and his team had a bye.
- Bishop Luers High (Fort Wayne, Ind.) linebacker Jaylon Smith caught a touchdown pass in a 27-7 win against Wayne, but the program was turned upside down with the unexpected firing of long-time coach Matt Lindsay for what is being reported by FortWayne.com as "violations of school and Diocesan policies, and violations of his employment contract obligations."
- Middle linebacker Michael Deeb of American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.) made seven tackles in a 48-10 win against Lake Highland.
- Bishop Hartley High (Columbus) tight end Jacob Matuska had a 23-yard reception and played on the defensive line in a 42-10 win against Archbishop Hoban.
- Apollo High (Owensboro, Ky.) offensive lineman Hunter Bivin played on the offensive line in a 53-16 loss Henderson.
- Midland (Mich.) High's Steven Elmer was a key member of the offensive line in a 28-6 win against Arthur Hill.
- Gonzaga Prep (Washington, D.C.) cornerback Devin Butler had five tackles and intercepted a pass in a 44-14 win against Georgetown Prep.
- Absegami High (Absecon, N.J.) athlete Rashad Kinlaw continues to sit out with an ankle injury but his team beat Middle Township 32-0.
- Eagles Landing Christian (McDonough, Ga.) defensive lineman Isaac Rochell did not play because of a hand injury in a 33-29 loss to Upson-Lee.
- Mead (Spokane, Wash.) outside linebacker Danny Mattingly was a key member of the defense in a 41-7 win against Lewis & Clark.
- Colin McGovern of Lincoln-Way High (New Lenox, Ill.) played on the offensive line
- Cinco Ranch (Katy, Texas) running back Jamel James sat out his second straight game because of a hamstring injury and his team lost 62-21 to North Shore.
- Barron Collier (Naples, Fla.) tight end Mike Heuerman did not play after having his tonsils removed and Barron Collier lost 19-13 to East Lee County.
- William Penn Charter (Philadelphia) offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey played on the offensive line and scored on a 15-yard fumble return in a 13-0 win against McDonogh.
- Roman Catholic (Philadelphia) receiver Will Fuller made five catches for 70 yards in a 42-7 win against Chestnut Hill.
- Woodberry Forest (Va.) linebacker Doug Randolph did not play because of a foot injury in a 43-33 win against Blair Academy.
- Class of 2014 receiver Justin Brent of Indianapolis (Ind.) Speedway had four catches for 57 yards in a 28-6 win against Monrovia.
- Class of 2014 linebacker Greer Martini of Woodberry Forest (Va.) School had a pair of touchdown catches (44 and 85 yards) in a 43-33 against Blair Academy.