After a visit to campus this weekend, Anzalone announced he is shutting down his recruitment once and for all and is set with his decision and remaining with the Irish.
"First off, I want to thank the coaches who have been supportive of me throughout my recruitment," Anzalone said via twitter. "There have been many highs and lows but when it came down to it I had to find the best fit for me. I have developed close relationships with many GREAT coaches, but at the end of the day I had to choose one school.
"I have been committed to ND since July. With that, I want to reaffirm my commitment to Notre Dame and shut down my recruitment completely with all other schools. God bless!"
Following his twitter statement, Anzalone politely told FOXSportsNEXT he didn't wish to do any more interviews and wanted to concentrate on the rest of his senior season.
His recruitment has been interesting in that he originally committed to Ohio State, but de-committed shortly thereafter. He announced his decision for Notre Dame in July, but a few weeks later visited Florida unofficially. Since his father attended Florida, there was a strong connection for Anzalone to the school, and he made a return trip earlier this season.
Adding intrigue was the fact Anzalone cancelled a visit to Notre Dame earlier in the season, and was uncertain on whether he would make an official visit this fall. However, he made it to campus Sunday and met with the coaches before re-affirming his commitment.
He will enroll at Notre Dame in January.