has offered 17 prospects on offense that are still on the market and have not yet given their pledge to other schools. That includes one commit, four-star offensive tackle Jerry Tillery
Specifically, 17 breaks down to five quarterbacks, two running backs, two wide receivers, two tight ends and six offensive lineman.
A few quick thoughts:
1. No surprise the Irish have offered a handful of signal-callers. Notre Dame preferably would like to avoid a situation like it saw with the 2014 class (adding a quarterback in mid-summer) and would like to secure a pledge this winter or spring.
2. Also no surprise the offensive line has the most offers out; Harry Hiestand operates swiftly.
3. Notre Dame has offered 23 prospects thus far on offense, including five players that have committed elsewhere: quarterback Jayru Campbell
(Michigan State), running backs Nicholas Brossette
(LSU) and Damien Harris
(Michigan), wide receiver George Campbell
(Michigan) and tight end Jordan Davis
4. 23 may not seem like a huge number, and Notre Dame may be more picky when it comes to extending early offers, but when comparing the Irish to other big-time programs, 23 is rather average. Alabama has offered 24 prospects on offense (3 commits), Michigan has offered only 13 prospects on offense (3 commits) and Florida State has offered 30 prospects of offense (1 commit).
5. Look for four-star offensive tackle Tristen Hoge
, who has visited the Irish twice already, to commit to Notre Dame by the end of the calendar year. He plans to official to Florida when the Gators take on the Seminoles on Thanksgiving weekend.
Prospects with Irish offers (that have yet to commit)
5-star Josh Rosen
4-star Torrance Gibson
4-star Jack Beneventi
4-star Drew Lock
(Lee's Summit, MO)
4-star Blake Barnett
4-star Jacques Patrick
4-star Taj Griffin
(Powder Springs, GA)
4-star Christian Kirk
4-star Cordell Broadus
(Diamond Bar, CA)
5-star Alize Jones
(Las Vegas, NV)
4-star Devonaire Clarington
4-star Tristen Hoge (Pocatello, ID)
4-star Zach Okun
(Newbury Park, CA)
4-star Matthew Burrell
4-star Reno Rosene
(Westlake Village, CA)
4-star Jake Fruhmorgen
(Notre Dame commit) 4-star Jerry Tillery (Shreveport, LA)
Notre Dame has a reputation for being meticulous in how it hands out early offers. Irisheyes.com takes a closer look at the offers out on offense in the 2015 class, as well as some trends occurring in that recruiting cycle.
Breaking down Notre Dame's offers and prospects in the 2015 class on offense.